This is the fifth version of the Around the World Airfare Report (Published in June 2017)
The goal of this report is to educate travelers on the variety of around the world airfare options available for your trip, so you too can experience the eye opening and vital aspects of travel.
We dug back through all data from the first four reports (version 1 was published in 2012), and using that knowledge plus what we have learned after helping folks plan these types of trips since 1999, we noticed trends that will help educate long-term trip planners and simplify the airfare shopping process.
In this 22-page report, you’ll:
• Save hours upon hours of reading and research
• Learn about all the different methods of purchasing airfare for a long-term trip
○ Buying all your flights upfront
• From a specialist company or website (complex, multi-stop airfare that doesn’t have the same rules as a traditional RTW Ticket)
• From an airline alliance (a traditional RTW Ticket with a strict set of rules and regulations)
○ Buying some flights upfront and some as you travel
○ Buying all one-ways on your own as you travel
• Learn the differences between each company, websites, and airline, and what they offer
○ AirTreks, Indie, STA Travel, Flight Fox
○ Airline Alliances
○ DIY (with sites like Kayak, SkyScanner, Google Flights, etc.)
• See recommendations on which companies to shop based on your top priority:
○ Lowest Price
○ Receiving expert help
○ Redeeming miles
• Receive a clear, understandable explanation for how change fees work with each company.