Over the past year, BootsnAll has released 3 versions of its free, downloadable Around the World Airfare Report, where they shopped and reviewed multi-stop itineraries amongst 8 different companies.
Indie, the newest of the multi-stop flight options out there, released in January 2013, was not a part of the previous three reports (the next report, scheduled for release in late summer 2013, will include Indie).
This page gives customers the opportunity to review Indie until the release of the next report.
If you have used Indie for your round the world trip, we want to hear from you. Comment below to share your experience, and click on the stars below the comment box to rate.
Here are some reviews and customer testimonials from the first 6+ months of service on Indie:
- “Wouldn’t you want to have control on choosing your actual departure and arrival times, to know what you airline options are, to know the cost impact of changing flights times and/or airlines? I’d love that…Enter BootsnAll.com (read as “boots and all”). Bootsnall was a great resource for my round the world travel. Lots of great tips… and imagine my delight when I saw they had the BEST tool that had everything I wanted in creating your itinerary!!” – Leo Castillo – Leo shopped for multi-stop tickets through 4 different providers and broke down his entire experience here.
- “I had seen the RTW ticket option but didn’t browse tickets until we decided to purchase one for our trip home. I was hooked and probably tried 75 different trip / country combos over a month before purchasing.” –Jessica Thompson
- “As someone who books a lot of multistop tickets – I am thrilled to have this on the market now and part of my travel planning tools.” –Sherry Ott, OttsWorld & Meet Plan Go
- “If I hadn’t done it this way though, I would have likely used the newly (launched in 2013) launched Indie, a multi-stop search engine from BootsnAll. I love this site in general, and though I have not purchased a flight on the site, I love the interface and it’s flexibility…If you do buy a RTW ticket, I suggest starting your search with Indie; the BootsnAll crew is very responsive and helpful and the search tool is very intuitive.” -Shannon O-Donnell, A Little Adrift
- “Around the world travel planning has never been easy. For years this has been a manual task. Bootsnall is a great answer for RTW fares in just a few minutes. I don’t know any other site that can do so many legs so quickly.” –Terry Jones, Founder of Travelocity.com
- “BootsnAll’s Indie allows you to explore the possibilities of long-term travel in a way that actually reflects the flexibility of independent travel. It enables you to research international multi-stop and around-the-world flights with instant pricing, online booking, and none of the cumbersome rules and restrictions that come with airline-alliance bookings. If you’re only planning a trip from Point A to Point B you might not need Indie — but if your journey entails onward travel to Points C or D or Z, Indie is an essential research tool.” –Rolf Potts, author of Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel
- “With all those weird and wonderful routes out there just waiting to be tried this has to be a good thing. Give it a try!” –Tony Wheeler, co-founder of Lonely Planet
- “Indie can provide instant pricing that can be manipulated in real-time to see how different routes affect price. Being able to play around with a proposed itinerary to see what mix of destinations, flights, and overlands will provide the best bang for the buck is most certainly going to be one of the most visceral appeals of this tool.” –Nick Vivion, Tnooz
- “…pretty slick — a very visual map-based display of the entire trip with a breakdown of all the carriers involved, simple editing tools to easily update the route and see revised pricing info, and one final price for the entire trip.” Pete Meyers, Eurocheapo
- “We travelled around the world last year and are looking to go again in 2013… We have had a number of quotes again using Star Alliance, etc. (that we used last time), but this system [Indie] seems a thousand times easier and lets us get to exactly where we want to go without the usual restrictions placed on you with other round the world ticket companies.” –Brian Kelly, an Australian traveler taking his family of four on a round the world trip (now departing in July 2013).
- “…Bootsnall is tackling a mammoth, complex battle for those leisure travelers who are set on exploring the world.” –Dennis Schaal, Skift
based on 1 reviews