- Price: How much does it cost?
- Service speed: How long does it take to get a bookable price?
- Frustration factor: How frustrating is the process of building and pricing a multi-stop route?
Here is how the cost of searching these routes on Indie compared to other companies for each of the three routes we searched:
- Route 1: 3rd lowest price out of 9 options
- Route 2: 4th lowest price out of 7 options
- Route 3: Highest price out of 5 options
Here is how the speed of searches compared to other companies we searched.
- Route 1: Fastest out of 9
- Route 2: Fastest out of 7
- Route 3: Fastest out of 5
Using Indie provides a great deal of flexibility in terms of route, with no limits on stops and no rules regarding mileage, traveling in one direction, etc. Plus Indie is the only company capable of offering an immediate, online bookable price on trips more than 6 legs.
Booking can be made completely online or with an agent. If you don’t find the online searching/pricing engine easy to use, there is a phone number, online contact form, and live chat (but the live chat is not manned 24 hours/day; in fact, it’s not clear what hours they are available).
The process for making changes once you book your ticket is similar to all other companies specializing in multi-stop fares outside of the airline alliances.
If you have used Indie for your round the world trip, we want to hear from you. Leave a review below in the comments.
- Customer Service
- Date Flexibility
- Route Flexibility
- Search Options